CLICK to get 91% off this Social Skills Course and the entire GETReal Series of Life Success Programs, with nine in-depth programs, 142 modules, 180 hours, for 30 students
The purpose of Innerstate1 is to help participants learn key social skills and discover who they are and how they show up in the world. Activities constructively simulate a number of real-world social situations so teens can actively practice new skills and get immediate support and feedback. Throughout the program, participants learn the keys to achieving a life of fulfillment that will allow them to become contributing members of society, both personally and professionally.
Specific student needs that are addressed by INNERSTATE1:
- To be a valued member of a group that provides mutual support and caring relationships.
- To become a socially competent individual with the skills to cope successfully with school, work, family, and life.
- To believe in a promising future with real opportunities.
Benefits of INNERSTATE1 Learning:
To the student
To the student’s peers
To the student’s community
Innerstate1 Samples (open in new pdf window):
Specific Modules included in INNERSTATE1 social skills worksheets:
- The Power of Choice (Learning to choose for myself)
- Learning to Live in the Present (Identifying and dealing with Worry)
- Defining my individual values (Core Values)
- Finding Approval (Seeking approval in healthy ways)
- Learning to appreciate myself (Self-esteem/self-confidence)
- Identifying and owning my natural abilities (Identifying talents and abilities)
- What restores my energy /what drains my energy? (Self-care/Stress management)
- What makes me angry and how do I deal with my anger? (Understanding/managing anger)
- What are my fears and how do they affect me? (Defining and removing the obstacle of fear)
- What kind of relationships do I want in my life? (Making good relationship choices)
- What are my ultimate hopes and dreams? (Defining goals for the future)